Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Being the son of dharma!

Did you say, world hails me as a son of dharma? Did you say, world looks forward to me as righteousness personified?

Title is bestowed on me by the destiny, and not my claim!

Title weighs heavy on me as I struggle hard to live by wisdom of practical living, yet living a life of values, in a unique ashwamedha of my own.

It is not a title that I sought, nor I am seeking it now. I have no claims of being son of righteousness.

I am no god, I have no power of god. I am a simple man, acutely aware of my limitations

It is just that I try to be on the side of dharma. I do so because my conscience directs me to.

I seek the truth relentlessly, desperately. I seek the truth as my restless mind seeks.

I know, I am not good at playing dice but I played as the time played dice with me. I lost the gamble, and I lost all that I held dear to me.

Perhaps, that is destined. May be, long years of adversity and oblivion was destined. How else shall I describe the turn of events?

All that I was left with was my heart, my bleeding heart. I gambled as the game was played on. I saw my heart, all alone wailing as it was being stripped off its pride and dignity.

Advocates of social and human values stood as a mute witness to the disaster being unfolded.

Tell me, please, my mother. Tell me, please, my father. Tell me, please, my Gurus. Where did you vanish, leaving me alone? Why did I lose you on the other side of wall? You told me that dharma wins! You told me that truth alone wins!

Did you teach me wrong, or did I learn it wrong? or is it just a game of great illusion?